Latest Updates


Electrician fined after apprentice left with life changing injuries

A Birmingham electrician has been ordered to carry out unpaid work in the community after his trainee fell three and a half metres through a plasterboard ceiling.....

Added on: 23/06/2017

Company fined after worker suffers serious burns

Two companies have been fined after a worker suffered extensive burns to his face, arms and hands as a result of an electrical incident.....

Added on: 23/06/2017

£600,000 fine for Council contractor after major burns to employer

Gloucester Crown Court heard the 61-year-old man was working at the site on Eastgate Street on 29 May 2015. While trying to replace the traffic light pole he came into contact with a live underground ....

Added on: 24/03/2017

Sentence after self-employed builder suffers serious electric shock

A real estate lettings company was sentenced today for safety breaches after a self- employed builder suffered 1st and 3rd degree burns to his face, hands, neck and chest.....

Added on: 16/12/2016

British Telecommunications PLC fined £600,000 after workers injured

British Telecommunications PLC has been fined after two of its employees were seriously injured in falls from height.....

Added on: 03/06/2016

HSR25 – The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989: Guidance on Regulations (Third edition)

This new edition highlights what can be done by dutyholders to achieve electrical safety compliance with the duties imposed by the Regulations. References to relevant regulations, standards and public....

Added on: 22/01/2016

PM38 – Selection and use of electric handlamps

This free guidance note is suitable for people working in a wide range of industries. It provides guidance on the selection of electric handlamps for different tasks and situations, and advice on how ....

Added on: 22/01/2016

Worker paralysed after fall caused by electric shock

An electrical power company was fined after a worker was paralysed after receiving an electric shock and falling from a ladder. Cwmbran Magistrates’ Court heard how Alan Mosley, an employee of Brist....

Added on: 25/12/2015

HSG230 – Keeping electrical switchgear safe (2nd edition)

This guidance is aimed at owners and operators of electrical switchgear in industrial and commercial organisations. It will help managers, engineers and others to understand their responsibilities an....

Added on: 25/09/2015

Bedford company fined after teenage trainee engineer lost his life

Grundfos Pumps Limited, Leighton Buzzard, Bedford, pleaded guilty to safety failings after a trainee design engineer lost his life. On 30 March 2009, 19-year-old trainee design engineer, Jake Herring,....

Added on: 15/05/2015

Get full access for free now

Create Account